Welcome to Tapestry!
Below are some questions and reflections to help you consider how you would like to share your story. We thank you in advance and look forward to reading your submission! Please keep all submissions to 700 words or less.
- How did your Cornell experience shape your identity or worldview?
- How did your Cornell experience impact your understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion?
- How have you been impacted by recent racist and anti-Semitic acts in the news?
- Have you ever felt silenced? What did you do to regain your voice?
- Have you ever minimized or maximized elements of yourself to fit in?
- What aspects of your life are you most grateful for?
- What is the boldest thing you’ve ever done?
- What is a lesson in life which has held the most meaning for you?
- What makes you “you”?
- Reflect on a time when your privilege afforded you preferential treatment?
- Reflect on a time when someone has advocated on your behalf and what that meant to you?
- Reflect on a time when you have advocated for someone else and what that meant to you?
- Reflect on a time when you felt like didn’t belong? How did you deal with that?
- Reflect on a time when you were searching for your sense of belonging and what that journey was like and its outcome.
- Reflect on a time when you experienced bias? How did that impact you? How did you come to terms with it?
- Reflect on a time that you overcame a struggle?