A member-at-large term is six years and is non-renewable. You may extend your term if you are serving in a leadership role.
Members-at-large are expected to participate and contribute:
- Attend the annual PCCW Symposium.
- Nominate at least one woman for PCCW membership.
- Attend PCCW events in addition to the symposium, such as regional gatherings.
- Make a yearly gift to PCCW and/or Cornell at a level of individual comfort.
- Vote in the annual alumni trustee election (under discussion).
Members-at-large are encouraged to:
- Participate in PCCW committees and projects.
- Serve as a role model for women students as a mentor, speaker, or panelist.
- Attend and support Cornell activities.
- Assist fundraising or building consensus for both Cornell and PCCW initiatives.
When your member-at-large term ends, you have the option to stay connected to PCCW by becoming a sustaining member, which includes full membership benefits except the right to vote or hold PCCW office. Instructions on how to accept or decline the invitation to become a sustaining member will be provided in an email from the PCCW chair near the end of your term.
Sustaining members are expected to:
- Attend one or more of the following: PCCW Symposium, Homecoming, Cornell Alumni Leadership Conference (CALC), Reunion, or any sponsored regional event (i.e., Cornell Club of Colorado – End of Summer Party, Cornell Club of Greater Buffalo – September Book Club, Asian Leadership Conference, Cornell Silicon Valley, etc.)
- Nominate one or more women for PCCW membership
- Give to PCCW and/or Cornell at a level of individual comfort