CACO Board and committees
The Cornell Association of Class Officers (CACO) Board represents the most experienced and engaged volunteer class leaders who serve Cornell. The board supports more than 1,700 volunteers spanning 75 years of Cornell classes. CACO board members serve as mentors to class officers and provide resources to increase class engagement.
The CACO board sponsors a variety of programming funded by class treasuries. Training and networking opportunities are provided annually at Cornell’s Alumni Leadership Conference (CALC) and through webinars.
Every year, Reunion draws over 7,000 alumni, families, and friends to Ithaca during the second weekend in June. Your class Reunion happens every five years. Whether you come alone or with your family, you will find that Cornell Reunion weekend has something for everyone.
CACO initiatives focus on five areas, each with a committee led by a vice president. Committees are charged with evaluating current programming while identifying new methods of alumni engagement through their class.
- Communications creates key messaging using electronic and printed communications to inform class leaders about initiatives impacting Cornell alumni and classes.
- Diversity and Inclusion designs and implements initiatives to achieve diversity in class programming and leadership.
- Leadership Development focuses on officer mentorship and training including outreach, webinars, and best practices.
- Membership reviews current membership options and supports initiatives relevant to maintaining and increasing class dues payers as a form of engagement.
- Student and Young Alumni supports and enhances programming to engage and inspire students and young alumni.
In addition, CACO recognizes exemplary volunteer leaders who have demonstrated outstanding service to their Class and Cornell.
2017-2019 CACO Board
- President: Paul Cashman ’73
- Immediate Past President: Simon Krieger ’76, MBA ’77
- Vice President, Communication: A’ndrea Van Schoick ’96
- Vice President, Diversity & Inclusion: Jonelle Bradshaw de Hernandez ’96
- Co-Vice President, Leadership Development: Bob Baca ’91
- Co-Vice President, Leadership Development: Nancy Butler ’64
- Co-Vice President, Leadership Development: Lindsay Forness ’84
- Vice President, Membership: Melissa Hodes Friedenberg ’87
- Vice President, Students and Young Alumni: Doug Mitarotonda ’02, MEng ’03, PhD ’09
- Secretary/Treasurer: Margaret Gallo ’81
- Director-at-Large, Leadership Development: Michael Avery ’55
- Director-at-Large, Communications: Rosanna Frank ’61
- Director-at-Large, Diversity & Inclusion: Patty Josephine Grant ’95
- Director-at-Large, Diversity & Inclusion: Erica Kagan ’05
- Director-at-Large, Students and Young Alumni: Vanessa Matsis-McCready ’04
- Director-at-Large, Membership: Rick Saltz ’73, MBA ’74
- Director-at-Large, Students and Young Alumni: Zena Saunders ’79, MBA ’81
- Director-at-Large, Membership: Debbie Schaffel ’89
- Director-at-Large, Students and Young Alumni: Janelle Teng ’11
- Committee Member, Diversity & Inclusion: Carl Jones ’03
- Committee Member, Diversity & Inclusion: Lauren Myers ’97
- Committee Member, Membership: Nancy Sverdlik ’79
- Committee Member, Nominations: Jay Waks ’68, JD ’71
- Committee Member, Communications: John Wilkens ’69
- Ex-Officio Member, Editor Cornell Alumni Magazine: Jenny Barnett
- Ex-Officio Member, AVP, Alumni Affairs: Jim Mazza ’88
- Ex-Officio Member, Trustee Representative: Carolyn Chauncey Neuman ’64