A Prestigious Honor
Frank H. T. Rhodes, the ninth president of Cornell University, was one of the most beloved and respected administrators in Cornell’s history and has eloquently inspired alumni of all ages as well as generations of Cornell students to continue their life after Cornell as dedicated Cornellians. In 1994, the Cornell Alumni Association, with the endorsement of the Board of Trustees Committee on Alumni Affairs, established the Frank H. T. Rhodes Exemplary Alumni Service Award in his honor.
This award recognizes alumni who have demonstrated extraordinary service to Cornell through long-term volunteer activity. Consideration is given to the length and depth of activity; gifts are not among the criteria used to select honorees. University trustees are not eligible for consideration until they are no longer active members of the board. A maximum of six awards may be presented annually.
The FHTR nominations are now closed. Please check back with us soon for updates.
Honorees are chosen each year from candidates nominated by Cornell alumni. Do you know of someone deserving? Tell us! A special committee reviews nominations and announces honorees each spring. The recipients are then invited to return to campus in the fall to receive their awards at a special celebration in their honor.
Please be sure to consider the below criteria before making your nomination.
- Length and breadth of the nominee’s activities and leadership
- Unique or unsung contributions made to Cornell
- Involvement with Cornell since the nominee’s graduation
- Graduated 35 or more years ago
- University trustees and members of the selection committee are not eligible until their term ends.
Gifts to Cornell, professional achievements, and non-Cornell volunteer service are not considered when selecting honorees.
Any questions can be directed to Carole Quealy in the Office of Volunteer Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 607-254-7104.
Frank H.T. Rhodes Exemplary Alumni Service 2019 Recipients
Please join us in congratulating these exceptional alumni as the 2019 recipients of the Frank H.T. Rhodes Exemplary Alumni Service Awards:
- Peter E. Cooper ’80 and Celia E. Rodee ’81 (Glen Ellyn, IL)
- Mary Bowler Jones ’78 (Wilmington, DE)
- Mitchell E. Kornet ’76, DVM ’79 (Jericho, NY)
- James C. Morgan ’60, MBA ’63 and Rebecca Q. Morgan ’60 (Los Altos Hills, CA)
- Andrew H. Tisch ’71 (New York, NY)
- Sheryl Hilliard Tucker ’78 (Bradley Beach, NJ)
Office of Volunteer Programs