Are you looking for an amazing, one-week paid opportunity for the summer? Alumni Affairs and Development (AAD) is now hiring 100+ student clerk positions for Cornell Reunion from June 9-12, 2022! If you are a proud Cornell student and interested in joining us for an exciting week, read on!
Reunion? What’s that?
Every June, over 7,000 Cornellians and their families come back to Ithaca for their class Reunion. The weekend is packed full of programming from class meals, Cornell lectures, family-friendly activities, dance parties, and more. Think of it as the ultimate summer camp for alumni with activities running all hours of the day.
What do Clerks do?
Both Reunion Head Clerks and Reunion Class Clerks provide administrative support to Reunion Programs staff and provide a high level of customer service to both internal and external constituents. As a clerk you’d staff Cornell’s largest alumni event: Reunion!
Both Reunion Head Clerks and Reunion Class Clerks usually work 40 to 60 hours on the following tasks to name a few:
- Decorating Reunion headquarters for central/class areas.
- Providing customer service to guests attending Reunion.
- Coordinating class-specific programs.
- Entertaining alumni—they love to talk to current students!
What’s in it for me?
- Starting pay of $15/hr. for Class Clerks and $16.00/hr. for Head Clerks. With free meals if working during designated meal shift times.
- Free housing on campus from Monday evening June 6, through Sunday morning, June 12.
- Networking with alumni; attendees love to hear what student life is like today and will seek out conversation with clerks.
- Opportunity for continued employment; this is an annual event and we’d love to have you back for future Reunions during your time as an undergraduate Cornell student (with an hourly raise each summer, of course!)
- It’s FUN!
Please apply if you:
- Have no other obligations June 6-12; you will not be able to manage any coursework, job, or internship while working Reunion.
- Are currently a full-time Cornell student set to graduate 2022-2025.
- Are committed to completing an I-9 form which requires physical documentation of a social security card or other documents.
- View job postings 64700 or 64701 on the student employment database here
Missed our first deadline? Applications are now being accepted on a rolling basis until Friday, May 27, at midnight or until all positions are filled.
Have you been a Reunion Clerk before? If so, please reach out to Jamie Hom.
Other job opportunities
Pleasant, courteous drivers with strong interpersonal skills are needed to meet alumni and staff transportation needs from Thursday, June 9,through Sunday, June 12 (4 days only). Earn $15 per hour for 30-40 hours. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record. Applicants must be familiar with Cornell’s campus and the Ithaca community and have the ability to operate a seven-passenger minivan.
View job posting #64885 on the student employment database here.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.