Cornell Club of Michigan – Huron River Paddle
July 7, 2016 @ 1:00 pm
Location: Milford, MI
Thursday, July 7th – Huron River Paddle
WHAT: Paddle Huron River from Island Lake State Park Picnic Grounds to Placeway Bridge (About 2-3 hrs).
• Dinner at a nearby restaurant if there is interest.
• Possible Carpool from Dearborn.
• Skill Level: Intermediate (Possible Boat portages)
WHEN: Thursday, July 7th; Meet at Island Lake State Park Picnic Grounds at 2:00 PM. (Renters should plan to arrive at 1:30 PM)
WHERE: Launch at Island Lake State Park Picnic Grounds (See http://heavnercanoe.com/island-lake for location and Kayak Rentals). The park entrance is on Kensington Road, just south of Grand River. To get to the dam, drive straight after the guard shack until you see the lake. The dam is at the left side of the Lake parking lot.
• Boat Owners: Those bringing their own boats will unload their boats at the launch site and then drive to Placeway Bridge. Leave kayaks at the far left of the parking lot, there’s a path to the river there. Here is a map of the area: https://goo.gl/maps/iAJ9XrNdLq22
• Boat Renters: The rental company is very busy this time of year and covers multiple locations in the area. Contact the rental company as soon as possible and follow-up the day before the trip. Be sure to confirm the location.
• Participants agree to assume all responsibility for their own medical needs, safety and their belongings. Bring the following:
• Sign attached waiver and either give a copy to Erick at the paddle, or e-mail the signed copy to Erick.
• Mandatory Life jacket – Must be worn on the water at all time
• Bring Plenty of Water and Sunblock
• Water shoes, hat, waterproof case and/or dry bags recommended for phone, keys, valuables, etc.
RSVP: Send name, cell phone number, and boat description (rental or own) to Erick Lavoie, email@example.com. Sign attached waiver and either give a copy to Erick at the paddle, or e-mail the signed copy to Erick.