Cornell Club of Arizona – Hierogliphic Trail Hike
November 11, 2017 @ 8:00 am
Gold Canyon, AZ
Location: Gold Canyon, AZ
Saturday, November 11, 2017
Join us for an easy 2.9 mile hike on a Saturday morning! We’ll see hundreds of petroglyphs along our route so there will be plenty to photograph, observe, and enjoy.
Location: Superstition Mountain Wilderness. Trailhead
Carpool Time: Meet at 8:00 am at the Xtreme Bean, 1707 E. Southern Ave., Tempe, AZ 85282
Trailhead time: 9:00 am. (The travel time is about 40 minutes for those who carpool, which gives those folks just enough time to get a coffee and bagel before we hit the road.) Parking spaces at the trailhead are limited so we strongly encourage carpooling. Portable restrooms are available at the trailhead.
Lunch: Pack your own lunch. Please bring food and plenty of water. We recommend you bring no less than 1 liter of water per person.
$5 per person
• Search on Google Maps for this location as “Hierogliphic Trailhead Trail, Gold Canyon, AZ 85118.” (For all those that love the art of spelling, this is the actual name of this trailhead and not a misspelling.)
• Please, no old shoes. Wear appropriate footwear – at least good sneakers and preferably hiking boots.
• Wear sunscreen and bring extra sunscreen. Wear a hat and other appropriate clothing appropriate for the weather and the activity. Layers are encouraged.
• There is sometimes a little bit of water flowing along or near the trail, but this should not be used for drinking purposes.
• The hike will be 2.9 miles total with a 561-foot elevation gain. This is a safe hike, but there are critters in the desert, and you should beware of hissing or rattling snakes. Be aware of your surroundings and exercise appropriate caution.
• Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.
• Charles Provine will be your guide. His phone number is 602-405-3055.
For event registration questions, please contact Donna Carl at email@example.com.