Cornell Alumni Association of Orange County – Beach Clean Up
May 13, 2018 @ 9:00 am
Huntington Beach, CA
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Sunday, May 13th
9:00 am -12:00 pm
Volunteer, and make a difference in our community.
The Cornell Alumni Association of Orange County invites you to give back.
Beach cleanups are a fun and easy way to volunteer your time by helping to keep our beaches and ocean clean! We provide the bags, hand sanitizer and a gorgeous view and if you’re in need of community service hours we will sign those too. In 2017, volunteers removed over 7,200 lbs of trash…in Huntington Beach alone.
Who: Cornellians, Family and Friends (Children 8 years +)
What: Keep our Beaches and Oceans Clean
When: Sunday, May 13th from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Why: To help create a future
How: By removing trash that affect ocean life.
Directions and Parking:
• Our clean-up has been placed at Tower 10 (see map).
• Huntington State Beach is located at 21601 Pacific Coast Hwy, Huntington Beach, CA 92646
Our requested supplies and talk will be at the basketball courts by Tower 10 (see map). We are currently transitioning from single use supplies to re-usable supplies. We can provide the group re-usable bags, grabbers, and gloves to use for your clean-up. At the end of your clean-up, return supplies to the Lifeguard Headquarters building.
Most of the trash you will find on our beach will be small pieces of plastic. These pieces are VITAL to remove during your clean-up as they are generally the most difficult for maintenance crews to remove, take centuries to bio-degrade if they do at all, and pose the largest threat to our wildlife. Many clean-ups ignore these small pieces in search of the “glamorous” large pieces. Even the smallest pieces of trash make a huge difference.
Once you are finished with your clean-up, please deposit your trash in the nearest trash can. As we are using re-usable supplies, please dump out the contents of the bag but keep the bags to return to the Lifeguard Headquarters building.
After your clean-up is over, you are welcome to enjoy the beach after you have worked so hard to keep it clean!
Thank you for becoming a steward of Huntington and Bolsa Chica State Beaches!
Adult Sign Up:
• To Sign Up, please use this form: https://form.jotform.com/sna32/cornell-alumni-association-of-orang
• Each participating adult must complete their own registration and sign up
• See below for information about minors
• Minor’s must be accompanied by adult.
• Accompanying adults must supervise minors at all times and volunteer beside them
What to Wear:
• Bring snacks and plenty of water (preferably in a reusable bottle).
• Volunteers should wear closed-toe shoes (no flip-flops please), layered clothing, weather-appropriate jacket, sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat.
For more information, or any issues, please contact Savion Agard – firstname.lastname@example.org, 347-850-7770