May 11, 2021, 6:30 PM-8:00 PM EDT
Join our esteemed panel of members of the Cornell Club of Pittsburgh for a Zoom discussion about their careers paths and business ventures. Among other career-related topics, they will tell us about various challenges they faced and overcame and how they capitalized on certain opportunities. They will also explain how they have adapted to issues during the pandemic. Our panelists come from a wide array of career fields and are sure to share fascinating stories! Panelists will include:
- Kornelia Tancheva, MA ’95, PhD ’96 – Hillman University Librarian and Director of the University Library System at the University of Pittsburgh
- John Molinda ’77 – Nuclear engineer that eventually cofounded a start-up business in the evolving deregulated electricity market
- Jon Tai ’11 – Magician & Storyteller (of the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust’s Liberty Magic Theater, among other places), who recently co-created “Missed Connections” with fellow Cornell alum Alex Gruhin–a live, interactive online play with magic, built specifically for the virtual medium
- Richard Ekstrom ’66 – Author and self-publisher of The Backwords Dictionary: A Word Ending Dictionary
- Michael Clouser ’90, MBA ’99 – Entrepreneur that, among other experiences, helped incubate CourseInfo (Blackboard), which was co-founded by 7 Cornell undergraduates and would later go public
The panelists are scheduled to speak from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., but we will have an informal “happy hour” from the time the program ends until 8:00 p.m. We encourage all attendees to stick around and catch-up with one another!
For event questions, please contact Brad Kitlowski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For registration questions, please contact Cole Johnston at email@example.com.