Cornell staff will follow local, state, and national COVID-related guidelines. All events must conform to such requirements. Guidelines are subject change.
• At this time, Cornell is at a COVID-19 Alert Level Yellow where Cornell-sponsored events, student activities and other gatherings may be limited, canceled or moved online. Social gatherings – both on or off campus – of more than a small number of attendees should be postponed until our case count moderates.
• Changes for indoor meetings and events:
- For all indoor meetings and events with many external guests, no food or drink at all. This guidance will remain in place until further notice and could extend further into the academic year depending on COVID-19 prevalence.
- When indoors, it is recommended to not exceed 25% of the room or venue capacity to account for distancing needs and space your setup as far apart as possible.
• Changes for outdoor meeting and events:
- For all outdoor meeting and events, no more than 500 guests should be in attendance until further notice and could extend further into the academic year depending on COVID-19 prevalence.
- The only food and drink that is available must not be delivered in communal ways and only provided in individually or pre-packaged servings.
• At this time, all invited guests and other campus visitors are required to wear a mask when indoors, regardless of vaccination status. Unvaccinated guests and visitors should also maintain physical distance indoors and outdoors when possible. Attendees may not inquire about others' vaccination status.
• For outdoor events, regardless of vaccination status, while Cornell is at a COVID-19 Alert Level Yellow, everyone must wear masks (both indoors and outdoors). If Cornell returns to Alert Level Green then masks will be strongly encouraged outside when guests are not able to safely distance.
• Additional COVID-19 safety precautions will be applied to indoor events.
• Registration is required for all indoor events and meetings and should include the COVID-19 Disclaimer.
• Tracking attendance is also required for all indoor events and meetings in case of contact tracing needs.
• Face coverings and hand sanitizers will be made available at check-in.
• All events will display visible signage to remind participants to look out for COVID-related symptoms and what to do should they discover they are positive.
• Event planners will encourage people to stay home if they are sick or have been near someone who thinks they may have COVID-19 or have been exposed to COVID-19.
• Please note that people have different comfort levels during this time, and it’s important to consider all alumni. When possible, a digital component will be offered, and Cornell will continue to plan online events. Business-related meetings will always have an online/Zoom option for participation.
• Cornell University is not liable in the event of a COVID-19 outbreak. Registrants participate at their own risk. Our office will ensure the proper disclaimers are on all event registration pages.
• Event attendees should immediately inform their Alumni Affairs and Development staff contact if they learn of any positive COVID-19 cases within 14 days of their event.
Please note these guidelines are subject to change.
We can’t wait to see you on the Hill!