Membership on PCCW is determined through a nomination and vetting process completed by the PCCW Membership Selection Committee.
- The PCCW Membership Committee reviews all nominations received.While the number of open seats varies each year, the committee is typically looking for approximately 60 new members to fill seats vacated by those whose terms have ended.Once the vetting process is complete, the committee presents the successful candidates to the PCCW Steering Committee for approval.
- The slate is then presented for final approval to Cornell’s president, who extends an invitation to the successful candidates to become members of PCCW.
Prospective candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Cornell alumna
- Leaders in their chosen fields and have a high level of recognized success in their career or vocational activity (other than Cornell volunteer activities)
- Willingness to express interest in and concern for Cornell, its constituents, and its public image
- Willingness to demonstrate commitment to strengthening the experience of women affiliated with Cornell—students, staff, faculty, alumnae, parents, and friends
- Willingness to become an active volunteer, beginning with responsibilities as a PCCW member
In considering membership diversity, we aim to have approximately 80% of our members with limited or no prior experience in other alumni organizations, and 20% with active university experience. NOTE: Cornell faculty/staff are not eligible for PCCW membership (until the time when not employed by Cornell).
An engaging three-day event, the PCCW Symposium is a dynamic opportunity to strengthen your connection with the work of PCCW. Meet other successful alumnae, learn about university initiatives, and participate in student and peer mentoring, all while revisiting the beautiful Cornell campus.
For more details about the role of a PCCW Member at Large, please review the position description.
How to Nominate
- Review the position description.
- Click on NOMINATE to make a nomination.
- Nominations for new members entering in 2019 will be available in the Spring.
This is a confidential process; please do not advise the candidate of her nomination. If you have membership questions, please contact Staci Kirkland, Program Coordinator, Office of Volunteer Programs.